On Jaunary 13, 2013, the Israeli Justice Department released its long expected Law Memorandum on the Law of Designs in Israel. The Law Memorandum proposed to enact a new Designs Law to replace the law of designs now incorporated in the Patents & Designs Ordinance from 1926.
The Law Memorandum specifies the proposed new Designs Law and states that one of the purposes of the new Designs Law (expected to be passed in 2013) would be to cprovide a suitable framework for the Israeli law of designs based on the various developments over the odd 90 years that passed since the passage of the original Ordinance now in effect. The Law Memorandum in Hebrew can be found here. Comments can be filed through the Israeli Government Portal, in Hebrew or Arabic, but not in English, no later than 14 March 2013 here.
- New Law Memorandum on Designs in Israel
- W.L. Gore’s “GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY” trademark refused registration in Israel on absolute grounds
- Israel Supreme Court Decides that There is No Copyright in Teaching Methods
- Significant Patent Filing Fee Increase and Change at the Israeli Patent Office
- Holon Children’s Museum Found to be Infringing Copyrights
Search this blog